Dermatitis Journal Editor-in-Chief
The American Contact Dermatitis Society (ACDS) invites members to apply for the position of Editor-in-Chief (EiC) of Dermatitis to serve a five year renewalable term. The current EiC, Dr. Ponciano (Chito) Cruz, will conclude his term at the end of December, 2020. Under his dedicated leadership, the Journal has grown substantially with respect to impact factor and scholarly content to become the leading publication focusing on dermatitis.
Dermatitis is owned by the ACDS, and is the home journal for the ACDS, Societa Italiana di Dermatologica Allergologica Professionale e Ambientale, Experimental Contact Dermatitis Research Group, International Contact Dermatitis Research Group, and North American Contact Dermatitis Group. In addition to contact dermatitis, the Journal also focuses on atopic, occupational, and drug/device dermatitis. It publishes six issues annually (on an every-other month basis) with an approximate total of 380 print pages and 60 online-only pages. Dermatitis is ranked 20th of 62 journals in dermatology, with an impact factor of 2.576.
Responsibilities of the EiC
The EiC is responsible for ensuring high quality published manuscripts for both print and online versions of Dermatitis. The EiC has the overall responsibility for organizing the content of each issue in collaboration with the Editorial Board which currently includes an Editorial Coordinator and Deputy, Copy, and Associate Editors. The Dermatitis Journal EiC:
- Oversees solicitation of manuscript submissions
- Implements and executes the peer review process; and
- Works with the ACDS on editorial policies.
- Candidates should be members of the ACDS in good standing with strong managerial and writing skills.
- Innovative approaches and capabilities to develop and execute creative methods to further advance the content of the journal and the mission of ACDS are encouraged.
- Candidates should not hold positions that compete or conflict with those of the editorship or have other conflicts of interest that could potentially compromise the integrity of the position, the Journal or the Society.
Stipend and Reporting Structure
The EiC is a salaried position with travel expenses for designated meetings including journal retreats. The EiC has editorial independence with regards to content, and is responsible for submitting an annual management and budget report to the ACDS Editorial Committee and Board of Directors for the current and upcoming year.
ACDS membership is required for the position. Submissions must include:
- Letter of intent describing interest in the EiC position, strengths and qualifications for the position and strategic vision for the journal, maximum 4 pages.
- Curriculum vitae including bibliography
- Names and contact information for three references
Deadline for submitting applications is December 15, 2019. Virtual interviews of selected candidates will be conducted by video or teleconference no later than February 15, 2020. The selected candidate will be informed in March 2020, and will assume the role as of January 1, 2021. An additional transitional period will be discussed further with the final candidate.
For a complete job description, click here.
To apply for the Editor-in-Chief position, please click here!
For more information please contact ACDS or call (414) 918-9805.