American Contact DermatitisSociety (ACDS)
Access Agreement for Members Only Discussion Forum
Welcome to the home of the Members Only Discussion Forum of the American Contact Dermatitis Society (“ACDS”) (hereinafter, the “Discussion Forum”). As a condition of initial and continuing participation in the online discussion and access to the Discussion Forum, ACDS requires those Members wishing to participate to accept and adhere to the terms of the following Access Agreement.
Click on link at the bottom of the page to continue. By continuing you agree to the terms set forth in the agreement.
1. ACDS has made the Discussion Forum available to interested Members for the purpose of providing a forum for the exchange of information relating to contact dermatitis, patch testing and related fields of dermatology. Any posted information must be related to the purposes of the Discussion Forum.
2. Members must comply at all times with the Standards for Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information (“Privacy Rule”) and the Electronic Security Rule (“Security Rule”) established by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to implement the requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). Information posted to the Discussion Forum will not be treated as confidential and, therefore, should not identify any patient by name or other identifying features, characteristics or any other individually identifiable Patient Health Information, as defined under the Privacy Rule. In fact, since any information posted to the Discussion Forum may be downloaded, reproduced, and disseminated without the knowledge of the sender(s), Members should use extreme care when posting or sending such information.
3. Posted information is not a recommendation or endorsement of a course of treatment for a particular patient. Responses are provided for informational purposes only to facilitate discussion on a given topic.
4. Members should exercise both common sense and courtesy in submitting comments or materials for posting on the Discussion Forum (“Submissions”). Inappropriate Submissions would include, for example, comments or materials that:
(i) make false or defamatory statements about others;
(ii) are obscene, vulgar, abusive, hateful or threatening;
(iii) harass or discriminate on the basis of race, religion, nationality, ethnicity, gender, sexual preference or other factors; or
(iv) are invasive of the privacy rights of others (e.g., by including addresses, telephone numbers or other personal information about third persons without their consent).
5. Members are prohibited from using the Discussion Forum to communicate with competitors about prices, terms of service, to exchange practice management or any other proprietary information with anyone involved in the management of physician practices, or otherwise communicate in a manner that may violate federal or state antitrust laws.
6. Members interested in posting any files, articles, or other documents to the Discussion Forum may do so only after completing an Authorization and Release form and complying with all other ACDS rules and regulations regarding such postings. Members may not post any other information subject to trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights, except with the express consent of the owner of the rights. Unless expressly provided otherwise, Members represent that any and all material provided to ACDS for the Discussion Forum may be further published, displayed, copied, downloaded, transmitted, or modified by ACDS or any of its Members participating in the Discussion Forum.
7. Due to ACDS’s status as a tax-exempt organization and the legal limitations on its activities, Submissions may not contain comments or materials supporting or opposing any candidates for political office or otherwise relating to political activity or activity inconsistent with the ACDS’s purposes.
8. Members are prohibited from posting commercial messages advertising or selling goods or services.
9. Members must respect the security of the Discussion Forum and may not attempt to gain access to areas private to ACDS or other Members. A Member may not upload, post or transmit any material containing software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt or limit the functionality of the ACDS’s Web site, computer software or hardware, or telecommunications equipment. Members may not attempt to decompile, reverse engineer, modify or hack the Web site or underlying software to defeat or overcome any encryption or digital rights management technology implemented by the ACDS, or to harm, disable, overburden, misuse or interfere with any other party’s use of the Discussion Forum or the ACDS Web site, servers, networks or systems.
10. Members may not provide their passwords to any third party without the express prior written consent of ACDS.
11. Members are prohibited from using the Discussion Forum for illegal purposes or in any manner that violates the ACDS bylaws or any other policies, procedures, rules or regulations of ACDS.
12. ACDS believes that anonymous postings are neither necessary for purposes of this Discussion Forum nor consistent with the professional level of dialogue expected. Therefore, the Member’s name (which must be provided) will be posted with any and all Submissions.
13. ACDS shall deny access to the Discussion Forum to any Member who has not agreed to the terms of this Access Agreement and reserves the right to terminate access to any Member who does not abide by such terms.
ACDS’s Right to Monitor and Administer the Discussion Forum
ACDS reserves the right to monitor and administer the Discussion Forum and, in its sole discretion, to refuse to post any Submissions received or to remove Submissions that have been posted to the Discussion Forum. ACDS also reserves the right to disallow the use of any particular screen name or e-mail address, or to terminate any Member’s posting privileges at any time.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnification
Any views expressed on the Discussion Forum are those of the individual participants. They do not and should not be construed as representing the views of ACDS. ACDS makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation as to the accuracy or sufficiency of the information posted to the Discussion Forum, whether posted by ACDS or any third party, and ACDS assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use or misuse of such information for any purpose. The information, opinions, and recommendations presented within the Discussion Forum are for general information only. Such information should not be considered professional advice and is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified professional. Moreover, ACDS makes no warranty that the Discussion Forum, or any computer, server, device, software, or other technology associated with the Discussion Forum, is free of viruses, worms, or other elements or codes that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. Unless specifically stated otherwise, ACDS does not endorse, approve, recommend, or certify any information, product, process, service or organization presented or mentioned on the Discussion Forum, and information from the Discussion Forum should not be referenced in any way to imply such approval or endorsement. NEVERTHELESS, ACDS RETAINS THE RIGHT TO MONITOR POSTED INFORMATION AND DECLINE TO POST AND/OR REMOVE MESSAGES OR MATERIALS THAT IT BELIEVES DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE TERMS OF THIS ACCESS AGREEMENT OR ARE NOT IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF ACDS. THE SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” ACDS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
EACH MEMBER HAVING ACCESS TO THE DISCUSSION FORUM SHALL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD ACDS HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES) RELATING TO HIS OR HER ACTS OR OMISSIONS OR TO MATERIALS OR INFORMATION HE OR SHE TRANSMITS IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE DISCUSSION FORUM.
Choice of Law
This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Illinois irrespective of its choice of laws rules. In addition, Members consent to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of Cook County, Illinois in the event of any dispute between the parties, and Members and ACDS hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts over them.
ACDS reserves the right to modify the rules of this Access Agreement as they determine from time-to-time in the best interests of ACDS, provided all Members are notified prior to any such change.
By continuing you agree to the terms set forth in the agreement.
Copyright © 2013 American Contact Dermatitis Society. All Rights Reserved.