Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Use
Welcome to the Web site of the American Contact Dermatitis Society (ACDS). This site is provided as a service of ACDS.
2. Description of Service. intsocderm.org consists of several sections, some of which have restricted access (e.g., Member Log-in). “Access Agreements” for the individual sections may be viewed by clicking on the link provided on the log-in page and at the bottom of any page of the section.
3. Intellectual Property. The entire contents and design of the ACDS Web site, including all trademarks, logos, trade names, documents, databases, graphic representations, and other information, are the property of ACDS, or used by ACDS with permission, and are protected under U.S. and international copyright and trademark laws, whether or not a notice of copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights appears on the screen displaying the information. Except as otherwise provided herein, users of the ACDS Web site may save and use information contained on the site only for personal or other non-commercial, educational purposes. No other use, including, without limitation, reproduction, retransmission or editing, of ACDS Web site information may be made without the prior written permission of ACDS, which may be requested by contacting ACDS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Limitation of Liability. In no event shall ACDS or its officers, directors, employees, members, or agents, be liable for any damages of any kind, including, without limitation, any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages, and on any theory of liability whatsoever, arising out of, or in connection with, the use or performance of ACDS’s Web site or any RSS feeds or other content appearing on the site.
5. Disclaimer. By using this Web site, you accept the information, products and services provided here as is. ACDS makes no warranty, guaranty, or representation regarding the accuracy, content, completeness, reliability, operability, or legality of information contained within the ACDS Web site, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, and non-infringement of propriety rights. The information, opinions, and recommendations presented within the site are for general information only. Such information should not be considered medical advice and is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified physician. Unless specifically stated otherwise, ACDS does not endorse, approve, recommend, or certify any information, product, process, service, or organization presented or mentioned on the ACDS Web site, and information from the Web site should not be referenced in any way to imply such approval or endorsement. Moreover, ISD makes no warranty that its Web site, or the server that makes it available, is free from viruses, worms, or other elements or codes that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. ACDS expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, reliance on, or inability to use, the ACDS Web site or the information presented on the site. In any jurisdiction that does not permit such a disclaimer of liability, ACDS’s liability shall be limited to the greatest extent allowed by applicable law.
6. Links. Links or pointers connecting the ACDS Web site with other Internet sites are provided as a courtesy only and do not imply, directly or indirectly, the endorsement, sponsorship, or approval by ACDS of the linked site, the organization or individual operating the site, or any product, service, individual, or organization referenced in the site. In general, any Web site that has an address (or URL) that does not contain “intsocderm.org” is a linked Web site. The content of any linked site does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of ACDS. Linked sites are not under the control of ACDS, and ACDS is not responsible for the content of any linked site, any links contained within a linked site, any changes or updates to such sites, or the compliance with applicable laws of such linked sites.
7. Choice of Law and Forum. This Agreement is entered into and performed in the State of Illinois, United States of America, and is governed by the laws of Illinois, exclusive of its choice of law or conflict of laws provisions. In any claim or action directly or indirectly arising under this Agreement or related to intsocderm.org, each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the state courts located in Cook County, Illinois, or the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, whichever has jurisdiction, and each party waives any jurisdictional venue or inconvenient forum objections to such court.
Effective Date: June 13, 2013