Outcomes Research Grant Funding
Fields marked with * are required.
Your form submission WILL be encrypted using SSL to ensure your privacy.
Outcomes of Contact Dermatitis Research
Purpose: The American Contact Dermatitis Society is soliciting proposals for study of outcomes of dermatitis evaluation and management. Proposals may include investigators from single or multiple centers. The purpose is to establish the value of expert specialist evaluation and management of chronic dermatitis. Proposals are expected from established centers with availability of extended patch test series. Results from the research will be published in Dermatitis subject to editorial review.
Awards: Grants of $10,000-$50,000 will be awarded for a study interval of up to 24 months. Funds will be dispersed in two payments with the initial payment upon funding and the final payment upon submission of a final report. These awards may not be used to pay the salary of established investigators. No indirect costs will be allowed.
Selection: Proposals will be peer-reviewed by a committee. Proposals will be scored using a rubric that rewards the following areas of research emphasis:
- Measure of quality of life
- Measure of need for long-term immunosuppressive medications
- Measure of costs including lost time from work
- Models of projected long-term side effects of treatments for dermatitis
- Measures planned at appropriate time intervals for contact dermatitis e.g. a minimum of two months after completion of patch testing
- Sub-stratification of patients with childhood flexural dermatitis and measure of concomitant treatments for infection and skin barrier dysfunction
- Patient engagement
Timeline: Deadline for submission of proposals is September 30th, 2017. Awardees will be notified by October 31st, 2017 for funding to begin no later than December 31st, 2017. Oral presentation of an interim report is expected at the 2019 ACDS meeting, and a final report must be received by the American Contact Dermatitis Society no later than 2 years after the research is commenced and prior to December 31st, 2019 in order to receive the second installment of payment.
Application: Applications must not exceed 10 pages and should be emailed to email@example.com
An outline for applications follows below.