Fields marked with * are required.
Your form submission WILL be encrypted using SSL to ensure your privacy.
Guidelines for Submission
The ACDS Mid Career Development Award provides financial support for ACDS members to defray the cost of acquiring specific skills and knowledge to enhance their professional development in some aspect of contact dermatitis and/or occupational dermatology. This program is made possible by a generous contribution from Stiefel Laboratories.
The goal of this Program is to provide ACDS members opportunities to enhance their career development through participating in "hands-on" training or other educational activities.
The applications are due October 15 of each year.
1. Awards will be made for specific educational programs to individual members.
2. Applicant must be at least six (6) years out of residency and a member in good standing of the ACDS at the time of application.
3. Awards will be designated for acquiring academic, clinical or research skills in some aspect of contact dermatitis including but not limited to patch testing, occupational dermatology, teaching of contact dermatitis, etc.
4. Criteria for awards will include the merit of the proposal, as well as the perceived need of the applicant to improve his or her skills in this area. Two letters of reference should be provided; one from potential Peer Expert that defines the content of the program with the beginning and ending dates (or letter of reference with documentation of the course) and a letter of recommendation from an ACDS Member.
5. If the applicant and mentor are employed or affiliated at the same institution, the applicant must provide adequate justification for the necessity of the award.
6. Applicants should identify the specific skill(s) they wish to acquire and define an educational program designed to meet the special needs.
7. Applications will be submitted to the Mid Career Development Committee on October 15 and the date of the program start should not be earlier than February 15 of the following calendar year. Awardees are expected to attend the Annual Meeting to acknowledge receipt of the award unless specifically excused by the Committee Chairman.
8. Up to $10,000 in grants will be awarded each year. Preference will be given to budgets of $4,000 or less.
9. Awardees may request reasonable travel expenses, necessary tuition, and appropriate housing expenses but requests for the purchase of equipment, meeting registration fees and books are typically not funded.
1. If an approved proposal cannot be completed as originally submitted, the awardee must immediately contact the ACDS office. Arrangements will be made to return the award if already received or change to an alternative program approved by the Committee.
2. 30 days prior to the start of the mentoring program, the applicant is to reaffirm the dates of the mentoring program with the ACDS Office and request their award check indicating the address for mailing. Ten percent of the award will be withheld until the final written report is submitted.
3. Once the applicant has completed the approved program, the mentee is required to submit a written report summarizing the skills or knowledge acquired from this experience. Upon receipt of the written report, the balance of the funding will be issued.
4. Applications must be complete to receive full consideration from the review committee.
Mentor or Course Information
Statement of Purpose
1. In your Statement of Purpose, describe your career goals as they relate to the field of contact dermatitis.
2. Describe the goal(s) of the proposed program and any specific project planned.
3. How will this program impact your future career development in dermatology?
4. How will this experience specifically help prepare you to be a leader in contact dermatitis?
You may submit the response as text below or upload a file (Word or PDF).
Mentor's Details (if applicable)
Two (2) Letters of Reference are required. One from the proposed mentor that defines the content of the program (including length of time) and a letter of recommendation from an ACDS Member. If you are applying for a course, please include the course information, for example, a link to the registration and program. The references may also be mailed or faxed separately.